During the summer holidays the Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme, funded by the Department for Education, will be offering free activities to children and young people in Nottinghamshire, as well as free healthy meals, and information about nutrition.
Working with partners in local district and borough councils, local schools and our own services, Nottinghamshire County Council will be offering eligible children and young people 4-hour sessions across the county during summer holidays, in the weeks below:
- Monday 2 – Friday 6 August
- Monday 9 – Friday 13 August
- Monday 16 – Friday 20 August
- Monday 23 – Friday 27 August
Who is eligible?
Those children and young people aged 5-16 who are eligible for benefits-related free school meals are also eligible for a free place on the Holiday Activities and Food programme. More details for eligibility are available here, under ‘Qualifying Benefits’.
You can also register and apply for free school meals using the link above, or you can just sign up for the Holiday Activities and Food programme.
Each eligible child or young person will be able to access 4 days provision per week. Each provider will offer:
- One meal during the session
- Enjoyable activities. These vary from provider to provider but may include creative, enriching or physical activities
- Socialising and friendly spaces to build relationships
- Guidance and signposting for parents and carers to support your family
Stapleford Young People’s Centre
8 Church Lane, Stapleford, NG9 8GB. For young people aged between 9-19.
Contact: Call Paul Bailey on 07825935449 to book a place, stating which day you wish to book onto. 30 places are available for each of the days below:
- Tuesday 10 August, 12 noon – 4pm
- Wednesday 11 August, 12 noon – 4pm
- Thursday 12 August, 12 noon – 4pm
- Friday 13 August, 12 noon – 4pm
- Tuesday 17 August, 12 noon – 4pm
- Wednesday 18 August, 12 noon – 4pm
- Thursday 19th August, 12 noon – 4pm
- Friday 20th August, 12 noon – 4pm