You’re invited to register for a FREE training and skill-sharing course on ‘holding difficult conversations’.
The course is important for those who work directly with or in local communities and will be delivered by facilitators from the Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Peace Foundation.
Each is made up of two sessions, which will be delivered through Zoom. You must complete both half days to complete the course.
In Course One and Course Two the facilitators will choose which particular issues to explore through discussion with course participants. Courses Three and Four have a specific and particular focus.
Course One: Monday 21 February, 9.30 am to 12.30 pm and Wednesday 23 February, 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
Course Two: Tuesday 1 March, 1 pm to 4 pm and Thursday 3 March, 1 pm to 4 pm
Course Three: Monday 7 March, 10 am to 1 pm and Friday 11 March, 10 am to 1 pm (course three is for women only, and will have a particular focus on issues around sexism and misogyny)
Course Four: Tuesday 8 March, 1 pm to 4 pm and Wednesday 9 March, 1 pm to 4 pm (course four will have a particular focus on issues around Islamophobia)
Each course will include:
• Perspectives about how to address issues relating to oppression, prejudices and antipathies, racism, equalities issues and the rights of people with protected characteristics
• Effective responses to hateful, divisive, and polarising behaviour in our communities
• Identifying ways to open up and develop productive and positive discussion on issues which cause contention and division
Each course will cover:
• Skills and techniques to hold “difficult conversations” effectively
• Current issues in your work
• ‘Models’ and theories used by the Peace Foundation to understand the nature and dynamics of conflict and polarising behaviour
Downloadable materials will be shared during the course and circulated afterwards for course participants to use in their ongoing work.
Places are limited to 20 per course. To register for a course, or to find out more please contact, Communities Team, Nottinghamshire County Council. BusinessSupportCommunitiesService@nottscc.gov.uk